DETECTIVE COMICS #1,000
SPECIAL OFFER — Order the set of 10 covers for DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 by 3/26 we’ll give you the latest issue of BATMAN for FREE. To order your set, click here.
As part of DC’s year-long global celebration of Batman’s 80th anniversary, DC is publishing a momentous 1,000th issue of DETECTIVE COMICS-the series that introduced the world’s most popular Super Hero and the title from which the DC brand was born. This must-have collector’s item debuts 3/27 and includes all-new stories plus a wraparound cover from the powerhouse art team of fan-favorite artist Jim Lee, inker Scott Williams and colorist Alex Sinclair.
DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 is highlighted by an original story from the team of writer Peter J. Tomasi and artist Doug Mahnke that not only launches a new story arc but introduces a new version of the Arkham Knight to DC comics canon. Tomasi is no stranger to this character, having written his video game origins in 2015’s BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT – GENESIS miniseries.
DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 also features a two-page spread spotlighting the current state of the Batman universe by Jason Fabok, plus a treasure trove of original stories from a who’s who of comic writers and artists, all honoring the milestone anniversary of The World’s Greatest Detective, including:
- Kevin Smith and Jim Lee
- Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev
- Warren Ellis and Becky Cloonan
- Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen
- Denny O’Neil and Steve Epting (a sequel to O’Neil’s 1976 DETECTIVE COMICS story “There’s No Hope in Crime Alley”)
- Christopher Priest and Neal Adams
- Geoff Johns and Kelley Jones
- Tom King, Tony S. Daniel and JoÃ«lle Jones
- Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
- James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez
“Batman is one of the most enduring characters in popular culture, and his debut in DETECTIVE COMICS represented a pivotal moment in comics and pioneered a new type of superhero that would appeal to every generation,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “Batman continues to have an impact on entertainment worldwide and the 1,000th issue of DETECTIVE COMICS is a testament to the creative genius of Bob Kane and Bill Finger and is a fitting tribute to Batman on his 80th anniversary.”
To further celebrate the Caped Crusader’s 80-year legacy, DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 will offer an extensive variant cover program. Hardcore collectors will want to get their hands on this series of variant covers showcasing the Dark Knight through the decades from these iconic artists:
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 1930s variant cover by Steve Rude
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 1940s variant cover by Bruce Timm
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 1950s variant cover by Michael Cho
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 1960s variant cover by Jim Steranko
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 1970s variant cover by Bernie Wrightson
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 1980s variant cover by Frank Miller
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 1990s variant cover by Tim Sale
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 2000s variant cover by JocK
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 2010s variant cover by Greg Capullo
These covers each will be published with period-appropriate trade dress.
This 96-page oversize collector’s edition issue will be solicited in the January 2019 DC PREVIEWS with a cover price of $9.99 US and an on-sale date of 3/27.